1. Wash your sheets every two weeks, I promise you’ll sleep better.
2. If a boy breaks your heart, it’s okay to cry.
3. If a girl breaks your heart, it’s okay to cry.
4. School is important, but there are many things you can’t learn in a classroom. Pursue them.
5. Find your passion, and run with it.
6. No, you don’t need to lose weight.
7. You are beautiful without make up.
8. You are beautiful with make up.
9. Being a good person will never go out of style
10. Buy yourself flowers if you’re feeling sad.
11. Getting enough sleep is very important.
12. Drinking water has so many benefits
13. Believe in fairytales, believe in love, and allow no one to steal your magic.
14. Reading is good for the soul.
15. I am not here to judge you, but I will always support what I think is best for you.
16. I appreciate you.
17. I am proud of you.
18. Even on your worst days, you will never disappoint me.
19. I love you no matter what."
- 19 Things I Will Tell My Daughter (via brennanat)
Terri Conley, professor of psychology and women’s studies at the University of Michigan ( link )
Joanne Nam’s paintings are only a fraction of the lush, labyrinthian stories that inspired their creation. Stark, finely wrought visions of nightwalks and blurry memories populate the landscape of Nam’s world, leaving a ghostly but familiar chill with the viewer. In this interview, Joanne Nam delves into her upbringing in the forests of Korea, relating the strange impressions her life has left on her that continue to inspire her work. “I am not going to paint an old man dragging a dead dog,” she says—a recurring memory of hers—“However, I would definitely paint a girl feeling the strangely beautiful disturbance.” Nam lives and works in Los Angeles.
"what do you want me to do to you?" he sensually whispers in my ear
"pay for my student debt" I moan back